The spring housing market of 2021 is becoming to be the most competitive real estate market ever. It’s truly an amazing time for sellers to list their homes.
Take the first step today. Here are some tips to get you ready to list your homes and sell for top dollar!
- Start by wiping away winter.
The official start of spring may have officially started a month ago but you need to make sure residues of ice, snow and rain that settled on your floor are out of sight. Take the time to mop the entire floor, especially the corners. Your home will instantly look refreshed.
- Bring the light in. Get those windows prepped for sunnier days. Wash the inside and outside of your windows. Clean the dusts gathering on those sills and decorate with light and airy curtains to add some movement and let natural light in.
- De-clutter time! It’s the perfect time to pare down the clutter that’s been accumulating in your home. Before you start cleaning up, make a room-by-room plan so it would not get overwhelming and don’t try complete this in one day.
- Say no to spring rain floods. It will only take less than an hour to clean your gutters’ downspouts but it will save you money in the long run. All you need is a ladder, a small hand rake and a hose clear the rubbish on your gutters. As a bonus, potential buyers will get a sense of confidence that you’ve taken care of the rest of your home. 5. Bring home the nature. Fill your home with potted plants. Fresh florals just scream spring and will make your house smell good and look beautiful.
- Get that yard back in shape. The first thing that a potential home buyer sees is your front lawn. Rake away all the leaves, twigs and clutter. Prune and trim your trees and then haul away compost debris. Maximize that curb appeal!
- Roof Cleaning 101. Nothing is more intimidating to a potential buyer than a roof that needs serious work. Avoid expensive haul down the line by making it a habit to clean your roof after a long winter. Your best bet is to start with gutters and then move onto the stubborn stains. If you find an excessive amount of moss, mold, or other growth, you’ll want to treat your roof with chlorine bleach solution. Don’t hesitate to contact a roofer if you need a second opinion.
If you have any questions, are looking to sell your home, or would like more information about getting top dollar on your property, feel free to reach out to us.